Hi Jeffrey,

> If you dig back into the logs there was someone working to do just
> that and reuse the test plugin.  I'm not sure of the status which is
> why I didn't respond the first go around.  I have the same use case is
> you, we want our slower running 'program integration tests' to be
> available but not run with our 'unit tests'.
>
> There was talk of offering something like any number of levels of
> tests, not just two.

Thanks for the hint- I just reviewed the relavent discussion threads from
January. However, it does not seem that there is any active work going on in
this area. I do not see any further mention from the person that said he had
something for beta7.

I've looked a bit more at our situation. Currently, we have all our unit and
integration tests for a particular project stored in the same directory
tree. This is a holdover from Ant when we simply ran all the tests at night
via a cron job. So, our unit tests can be considered as a strict subset of
the integration tests. So, what I am now thinking is that our project.xml
would contain the <unitTest> fileset definition for all the tests, ie. the
integration tests. Then we could define a project property that contains an
additional exclude pattern that will refine the integration tests into the
unit tests. I am not sure if it is possible to modify the pom
programmaticly, but I am going to try doing something like:

  <j:set var="dummy"
value="pom.build.unitTest.addExclude(myExcludePatternProp)" />

in a test pregoal. This might serve my needs adequately for now.

David Zeleznik
ILOG - Changing the rules of business
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ilog.com