URL rewriting is the wrong phrase, but I wasn't coming up with anything better to 
describe it :)  I guess fully qualified vs
relative pathing is better.

The RelativeTemplateLink you sent me won't compile under Turbine-2.  I had to redo the 
package names to find RelativeDynamicURI and
other classes.  The Turbine-2 RelativeDynamicURI doesn't have a no-arg constructor so 
RelativeTurbineLink can't resolve its super()
call in the constructor.  I tried changing it to call the RelativeDynamicURI(data) 
constructor with a null value (shot in the dark)
but that didn't work either.  Any other things I should try?

Maybe our approach to allowing external access to an internal website is all wrong.  
As far as I understand it, our sysadmin has
rerouted calls to /Elections/* to the internal ip address.  (Elections is the turbine 
app name).  Only problem is on the way back
out, the URL is written as http://kwilliams/Elections/.... and of course the outside 
world doesn't know my box.  Is there a better
way to do this part?

Thanks again,
Kevin

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
> Behalf Of John McNally
> Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 11:17 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Turn off URL rewriting?
>
>
> Not sure why this has anything to do with URL rewriting, but I think you
> are after a different $link tool.  Turbine-3 has the tool, but I did not
> see it in Turbine-2, so I am attaching the file.  It wraps
> RelativeDynamicURI which is in Turbine-2 so it should compile ok.  Then
> just change the setting in TR.props to point to the right class.
>
> john mcnally
>
> Kevin Williams wrote:
> >
> > In my login template I have $link.setAction("LoginUser").
> > This gets rewritten to "http://servername/app/servlet/app/...";
> > Is there any configuration in turbine that will cause it to return
> > "/app/servlet/app..." instead?
> >
> > We are running turbine on an internal machine and are trying to route it in 
>through our external webserver for a demo.
> The link is
> > being rewritten to an internal name and causing the routing to fail.  Is there 
>another solution to this (if you can't
> turn off the
> > http://servername writing)?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kevin Williams
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to