On Aug 24, 2007, at 4:08 PM, Diez B. Roggisch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to wet my feet with TWs. But I encounter a problem with the
> following widget:
>
> class TagInputWidget(Widget):
>
>      template = """
> <input xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
>        xmlns:py="http://genshi.edgewall.org/";
>        type="text"
>        name="name"
> />
> """
>      def retrieve_resources(self):
>          print "foobar"
>          res = super(TagInputWidget, self).retrieve_resources()
>          res.append(JSSource("""
> alert("huhu");
> """))
>          return res
>
> The retrieve_resources-method is never called, I don't get to see the
> foobar in the output.
>
> So I was wondering what I'm supposed to do to get my JSSource
> rendered.

retrieve_resources is never called by TG since the "old" mechanism
(retrieve_javascript/retrieve_css) is used instead in
controllers._process_output (which I plan to deprecate sometime...).
The best way to programatically add javascript is to append them to
self.javascript inside __init__. However, there's no way ATM to add
resources once a widget is initialized (which works in both TG 1.0
and Pylons). If you need to do the later please open a ticket so
someone/I can look at it.

Alberto