On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Diez B. Roggisch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting troubles using TW in TG11 as widgets. Funnily enough I made
> it work at work - but here on my notebook, it fails. The reason is
> simple: ToscaWidgets registers a template lookup-thingy that doesn't get
> passed the directories to search.
>
> Thus the lookup fails.
>
> Apart from installing tw & twForms and freshly creating a TG11-project,
> I've put this into my controller:
>
> from toscawidgets.api import Widget
>

> class MakoWidget(Widget):
>     params = ['count']
>     template = "toscawidgettest.templates.mako_widget"
>     engine_name = "mako"
>
> mako_widget = MakoWidget(count=100)
>

> Trying this to render gives me
>
> http://paste.turbogears.org/paste/2726
>
> as an exception.
>
> Any suggestions?

I had a simular problem when I tested TW with plain pylons. The
problem is that TW tries to emulate genshi's lookup on top of mako and
it changes mako.directories to be any searchable egg path. If I recall
correctly I fixed it passing the template_paths var in the pylons host
framework
http://beta.toscawidgets.org/hg/ToscaWidgets-dev/file/9abedebb0e46/tw/mods/pylonshf.py#l26

although looking that the tg hostframework I don't see a clean way to
fix it. as the param isn't there.

As a side note, did you change your TG view to mako? looking at the
traceback it's going into genshi and then to mako.