Jorge Vargas schrieb:
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Christopher Arndt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> The more build slaves we got for a particular system, the better and the
>> lower the numbers a single build slave has to be online.
>>
> oh really? I though 1 per os was good enough.

If it's up for 24/7 then one is enough, yes. The goal is to give
developers immediate feedback (i.e. ~10 minutes after check in) if they
screw up something.

>> The only restriction is that while you are online, your network
>> connection should be stable, so a wireless network is probably unsuitable.
>>
> are they any metric on how much bandwidth is used? I could set up two
> build slaves (windows & ubuntu) but I got very bad bandwidth since
> well ISPs over here suck.

I reckon, the needed bandwidth is not very big, but I better let Steven
answer this one. My point about the connection needing to stable was
that buildbot throws lots of errors is a client keeps connecting and
disconnecting unexpectedly.

Chris