Thanks for making this happen.   I don't have any 1.x apps rolling around
any more, but I know that there are lots and lots out there, and serving
that group well is critical.

The other new and positive change in tg3 planning is that we are trying to
put together a legacy handler that works with tg1 as well as tg2 apps, so
there will be another migration opportunity that doesn't require rewriting
your whole app.

Ideally the Pylons Project will also support SQLObject directly in Pyramid,
since it is not opinionated in the way that TG and then TG2 were about data
persistance libraries.

--Mark Ramm

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Christoph Zwerschke <c...@online.de> wrote:

> Notwithstanding the exciting news from the Pylons + repoze.bfg camp and the
> possible implications for TG3 (whatever it will be called), I'm still caring
> about the TG1 branch since I'm running and maintaining some important
> webapps based on TG1.
>
> I have worked on the TG 1.5 branch this week and ported one of my apps from
> TG 1.1 to 1.5. The major change in TG 1.5 is that it is based on CherryPy 3
> instead of CherryPy 2, and that it fully supports Genshi, not only for page
> templates, but also for TG widget templates (but Kid is still possible for
> both). TG 1.5 works quite well for me and I plan to push out a beta release
> soon.
>
> However, I want to use the opportunity to also clean up the TG 1 docs. My
> idea is to consolidate and simplify the existing docs, merge everthing in
> "RoughDocs" to the official docs, and maybe finally move everthing to
> Sphinx. I you have objections or better ideas what to do about the TG 1
> docs, let me know.
>
> Also, we should continue to work on the TG 2 docs. Unfortunately, the last
> doc sprint was cancelled because the Pyramid news caused too much turmoil
> and not enough people showed up. If anybody wants to organize another
> sprint, I will participate there as well.
>
> -- Christoph
>
> --

Mark Ramm-Christensen
email: mark at compoundthinking dot com