I think it's the only way for us to control our own destiny for the
future, so I'm +1 on it.    And I agree that what we ultimately want
is for tg.i18n and tg.session and tg.config to be the way we tell
everybody to use tg -- that way we expose a consistent API and make
pylons/pyramid/paste/formencode/etc into implementation details.

--Mark Ramm

On Tuesday, June 21, 2011, Michael Pedersen <m.peder...@icelus.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure, honestly. We do expose a lot, but is adding more a good idea?
> Unless we lay claim to it and say "tg.varname is how you do x. btw, for now,
> tg.varname is a direct line to this var over in Pylons, but that can change
> later".
>
> On the surface, the idea sounds good, I'm just not sure it's the way for us
> to go forward. Thoughts from anybody else?
>
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Alessandro Molina
> <alessandro.mol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Most of the pylons things used by TurboGears are accessible from the tg.*
> namespace directly.I think that this is indeed good as it keep an high level
> of abstraction from pylons itself and gives use more freedom for future
> evolutions.
>

> I was thinking to take a look around in the documentation, look of each
> pylons.something function used inside the doc and migrate it to
> tg.something.Also if in the process I discover something that isn't available
> inside the tg namespace I woud expose it inside tg itself.
>

> What is others opinion about this? Any one against doing this?
> Alessandro
>

> --

> --
> Michael J. Pedersen