> hi, i was just wondering if someone had already used turbogears and
> generate reports via jasper reports? it would be nice if the community
> can produce an article about this :)

jasper reports is written in java and doesn't provide any
documentation (on my quick perusal) of how to use it from anything
except for java. Basically you'd have to get a python function that
could generate the sort of report you'd want and then call it either
within a page controller or using the scheduler module. The hard part
here is the first part, I'll happily help you with the second part but
the first is way too much effort for something that few if any in the
python community use.

If TG ran on jython, integration would be fairly simple, but I doubt
that TG will run on jython. I believe that python's report generator
is ReportLab.