Cliff Wells wrote:

> Given Clever Harold's rather loose coupling mechanism (WSGI), I fail to
> see how the GPL will affect anything that isn't added directly to Clever
> Harold itself.  GPL may not be the most appropriate license for
> Python-based projects, but in this case I don't see how it will matter
> much.

the word on the street is that if you want commercial enterprises to
use your software, if theres *anything* remotely GPL-ish about it they
wont go near it....even if it "seems" ok, they'd rather not risk
building their platform on it.  This goes for the LGPL as well which is
not written very clearly with regards to a dynamic language like
Python.  SQLObject is an example of an LGPL python library, which I
have heard experienced some roadblocks due to its licensing.