On Aug 26, 2006, at 1:57 AM, isaac wrote:

> The point is, we need something like that for TG (perhaps call it
> "Flywheel" or "Axle"?). Reducing barriers for new people to get
> started (and making it easier on the experts) is a good thing. It
> wouldn't make sense to do before TG 1.0 is ready, but I bet it
> wouldn't be hard to slap together something like that, even including
> a Universal binary of Python and all the other necessary packages.

I should note that while I speak out strongly in favor of setuptools/
eggs, I am also in favor of other packaging efforts. I want to make
things easier for those packaging for linux distros (and the svn
repository has changed around a bit to help that). I'd love to see
complete installers for windows and mac.

I'd love to see a super simple frontend for easy_install.

Kevin