On 8/26/06, Damjan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As I said, it's only serving static content, there is no application.
> And lighttpd only uses "mod_alias", "mod_access", "mod_accesslog".
>
> My point was that the memory leak is not in the core of lighttpd but in
> some of it's modules. Since there is a choice which module to use to
> connect to WSGI applications, we should see what modules have leaks.

mod_proxy definitely leaks. When I attempted to deploy lighttpd, that
was the *only* module I was using (no static content even) and it
leaked memory like a sieve.

nginx does not leak at all (at least for proxy, fcgi, rewrite, static
content). The config language is simpler, and it also uses less memory
and CPU than anything else I've tried (and this is at a load of > 500
req/sec at times).

I don't think scgi is a choice with nginx at the moment, but fcgi and
proxying definitely are.

-bob