Hi, Ant.

Can you apply the patch I submitted under JIRA 106 as well? It was to fix the illegal web.xml.

----- Original Message ----- From: "ant elder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: Eclipse warnings....

Patches to fix warnings are fine and appreciated. Send them in and I'll
apply them.

  ...ant

On 3/22/06, Daniel Kulp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Question 1:
Would people be willing to accept patches that just fix warnings that show
up in eclipse?

Right now, using the same settings I use for Celtix, there are 622
warnings in the spec, sdo, and sca projects.    I hate seeing warnings,
so I have two options:

1) Turn off most of the eclipse warnings (with I think sucks)
2) Fix the code and submit patches

In general, I don't like submitting "warnings" fixes along with patches
that provide real code changes.   The real code changes tend to get lost.
However, I just want to check to see if people are interested in warnings
patches before I spend time on it.     (FYI: Celtix is completely
warnings free, which include a bunch of checkstyle and pmd rules which
I'm not applying to tuscany.   I have NO idea how bad tuscany would be if
those types of checks were enabled.   One step at a time.....)

Question 2:
In the sdo-api package, there are some annotations for SuppressWarnings
like:
@SuppressWarnings({"ClassLoader2Instantiation"})
and
@SuppressWarnings({"AccessOfSystemProperties"})
Those warning values aren't "standard" ones that javac recognizes nor does
the eclipse compiler.   I'm just curious as to what compiler/tool they
are targeted at.    (just a curiosity question, nothing more)

Thanks!
--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer