ooh that's an interesting one an I will defer to the legal folk if any turn
up ... but... I believe the format is

"Copyright %START_DATE%, %LAST_MODIFIED_DATE% The Apache Software Foundation
or its licensors, as applicable."

So should probably read "Copyright 2005, 2006 The Apache Software Foundation
or its licensors, as
applicable."