There is a problem with the Windows src zip for sca to do with filename
lengths. I will fix it and re-post a new zip.

On 06/07/06, Pete Robbins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 I have posted a candidate for the first C++ release here.

http://people.apache.org/~robbinspg/RC1

Would all interested parties take some time to review this so that we can
either re-spin the release or vote on it asap.

The website documentation is out of date and will be re-written to sync
with what is in the release. Hopefully this will be done tomorrow.

A Calculator sample is included which demonstrates deploying an SCA
module, component wiring, locating and invoking C++ service from
C++ component,  invoking from a C++ client, and exposing a service as a web
service using ws binding.

Release Summary
=============

Tuscany SCA C++ provides a runtime implementation for the Service
Component
Architecture 0.9 specification, written in C++ and will currently support
C++
component implementation types. This is not yet a complete implementation
and
known restrictions are described below.

Supported SCA Assembly Model features
  *  All features are supported unless listed under the known restrictions
     below. See SCA Assembly Model specification.

Supported language bindings
  * Component implementations written in C++. See SCA Client and
    Implementation Model specification.
  * Component interfaces described by C++ classes. See SCA Client and
    Implementation Model specification.

Supported external service and entry point bindings
  * The web service binding is supported. This implementation will support
    web services which using document literal SOAP bindings conforming to
the
    WS-I basic profile (rpc/encoded is not yet supported).

Known restrictions
  * Subsystem: wiring, entry points and external services are not
supported.
  * Local service interfaces cannot use overloaded operations (the SCA
    specification limits remote service interfaces to not using
overloaded operations).
  * Each WSDL definition for a web service binding must be in a single
WSDL document.
  * No load time validation of the deployed SCA application (run time
validation only).
  * No metadata API.
--
Pete