I agree with Rick's proposal that we need to get onto one codebase
for the sake of the project, and with Raymond's and Jeremy's comments
that we must work together as a community to resolve the technical
issues that have been raised on this list regarding some aspects of
the chianti design.

Moving chianti to the trunk is a positive move because it allows
the community to unite around a single codebase and work together
to improve that codebase.  So I am +1 (non-binding) for making this
move.  However, I have a concern with making this move immediately,
because it would represent a move backwards in terms of functionality
that is supported by the current trunk codebase but does not
currently work in chianti.

Some examples of this missing functionality are Web services support
using the Axis2 binding, Tomcat integration, the JavaScript container,
and the JSON-RPC binding.

Ideally I would prefer to see this functionality (or at least most
of it) working in chianti before we make the move, as this would
allow a smooth transition in terms of the functional capabilities
of the main trunk code.

If the community prefers to make an immediate move, then I believe
the first priority for all of us should be to work on the new trunk
to put the missing functionality in place, together with samples
and tests that demonstrate and validate the functional behaviour of
Tuscany from an end-user perspective.