I didn't see what this had to do with loading so split the thread.

On Aug 16, 2006, at 3:10 AM, Liu, Jervis wrote:

Jeremy, I also have a question for you. What do you mean by saying "allow the extension directory to contain simple SCDL files (xml files) that define composites and which get their code through dependencies"? Do you mean adding a SCDL for extension dir to describe all extensions available under the extension dir? Then we take this scdl as a single composite that can be deployed into runtime? But this does not seem to address the loading problem (when multiple implementations available).

The case I had in mind was allowing the user to place a plain XML document in the extension directory that would contain a composite. The extender would treat such as file as a component definition and deploy just like it would a jar containing a default.scdl file.

However, as there is no archive then the user would need to specify a way in which implementation artifacts would be found. I think this can be handled by the <dependency> mechanism and the use of the applicable location attributes e.g. wsdlLocation

With this the extension directory could contain a mixture of XML files and archives.

--
Jeremy