I would like to contribute the documentation I am developing to the
wiki so that it can be harvested.  I am currently writing basic
documentation on how to install and run Tuscany applications.

  Simon

Kevin Williams wrote:

I think the wiki is the best place for development of this type of documentation. It is so easy to update that I hope it will "invite" others to participate. I also like Venkat's idea to snapshot content developed on the wiki to include in a milestone distribution.
--
Kevin

and I like Venkat's suggestion

Rick wrote:

I don't see the need for the wiki step or harvesting.  Also goes for pdf.
If a group needs to collaboratively work on a document and the wiki provides them the best means for that and they want to harvest that to html, I'm perfectly fine with it. But , don't see this as required step, I'm perfectly fine working on the xml/html.

Venkata Krishnan wrote:

Here is how I see this...

- We just about create one version of the doco for which ever subject (be it about the distros or about the extensions...). This doco must be organized such that the initial sections start with some high level stuf and futher
down talk about deep details.
- We would then extract the high level info and put it on the website and link up to the entire doco as pdf (or anyother form) as "For more details
see this....".  We also package this doc with the distribution.
- The Wiki is where we will collaboratively develop these docs.  The
content  in the wiki must be harvested into the master doc that I was
mentioning in the first point...

I cannot think of anything else to avoid duplicating documentation.

Thoughts?

- Venkat