Comments inline below.

  Simon

Jim Marino wrote:

On Nov 1, 2006, at 9:33 AM, Raymond Feng wrote:

Hi,

I think it would be useful to package java in our M2 binary distro. I would like to hear your opinions:

I'd say as a separate downloadable jar since this would only be relevant to extensions providers and not applications developers.

The spec API and tuscany-api are relevant to application developers
and extension developers.  tuscany-spi is relevant only to extension
developers but as you said in earlier posts, these are an important
segment of the audience for M2.  For simplicity I think it is better
to bundle all of these in the standalone distro rather than create
many separate downloadable packages.  Also this would match how
javadoc is packaged in SDO M2.

1) What modules should we generate javadoc? I assume only for *-api and *-spi.

yes. Core is not an exposed api/spi.

Agreed.

2) Should we package the javadoc with the standalone distro or as a separate archive?

separate archive

Combined (see reasons above).