Hello,
Currently there are identical artifact dependencies listed throughout the SCA Java maven hierarchy that can be changed to different versions either intentionally or accidentally. For example axis2-kernel is specified in two levels of maven pom.xml At the sca level there is dependencyManagement element that uses the axis2Version property and there is also a reference in sca/tools/pom.xml that is hard coded to SNAPSHOT. This brings about the following questions:

Is this a good practice? I this weekend changed one and didn't catch the other so my opinion is no, I think until the need arises that they require to be different this should be set in one place.

If we agree what's the best solution? Use maven property values to keep them in sync, or just list the version at the top level (sca/pom.xml) under the dependencyManagement?

If we take the latter approach, do we list ALL external dependencies there to be consistent?

If we feel this should change should we still do this for M2 release?