If I understood your question correctly, DAS allows a 1:1 and 1:N
relationship,
An application could have multiple components using the same config file, or could split the config file based on the components model... but the
choice is really made by the app developer.

This sounds similar to the model JPA has with PersistenceUnit and Hibernate has with a SessionFactory. If I decide to share the configuration, does DAS process the configuration once and put it is some object? For example, JPA has an EntityManagerFactory which processes a configuration. The factory is used to create an EntityManager which is used by a JPA client.

In the JPA integration work, the EntityManagerFactory is created and cached as a system component in the application composite. Something similar could be done with DAS if this model fits.

Jim

- Luciano