Jeremy Boynes wrote:
On 11/16/06, Simon Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't understand how this would break modularity.

Because it couples together the release lifecycles of  two very
independent modules.

These lifecycles would not be coupled.  If the spec APIs move
forward and we want to release an update to these that is out of
cycle with a Tuscany Java SCA implementation milestone, we can do
this at any time using the separate spec API distro that we have.
This does not require releasing javadoc as well.  The audience
for the combined javadoc is developers who want to use the Tuscany
Java SCA implementation, and this audience will want a consistent
combination of javadoc that matches a specific Tuscany Java SCA
implementation release.

Users of the
Tuscany api/spi javadoc will always need the spec javadoc as well.

I'm not sure that that is true. I am sure that the converse isn't
(users of the spec will not always need tuscany docs).

Agreed on the second point, and this is why we have a separate
source distro for the spec APIs.

  Simon

Packaging them together enables Tuscany SCA developers to get all
this javadoc with a single download rather than needing to do
multiple downloads and manually combine the results.  For those who
need separate per-module javadoc because of IDE requirements,
it will be available from maven.

> Jeremy

Simon C Nash   IBM Distinguished Engineer
Hursley Park, Winchester, UK   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel. +44-1962-815156   Fax +44-1962-818999