In the Java implementation we do the following:

1. If a sequenced type is created programatically, we map all the
properties to XML elements - so any property can be added to the sequence.
2. If a sequenced XSD-based type, then only properties that map to
elements can be added to the sequence. Trying to add an attribute property
will throw an exception. XSDHelper.isAttribute() is the way that the user
can determine whether or not a property can be added to the sequence.

Frank.