Does anyone have a proper solution to this?  I've been playing with
<dependencyManagement> elements in various places the parent pom hierarchy,
but nothing other than an explicit version in the dependency section seems
to change the version that's being requested.  Also a mvn help:efective-pom
on a pom file that is exhibiting the symptom does not seem to contain a
specific request for the 0.9 version in its output.  So where is this
version request coming from?

Kelvin.