From: "Hawkins, Joel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Standalone server
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:27:00 -0500

Meeraj,

>I think it would be fairly straightforward to write a generic JMX
dynamic
>MBean based on introspecting the annotated members (ops, properties
etc),
>quite similar to the reflection one already in the source tree. I think
one
>key question is would these annotations be specific to tuscany, or
would
>they be pushed into the core SCA spec some time. If they are tuscany
>specific, what are the implications on portability of service classes
>across different SCA implementations?
You'd hope they'd make it into the SCA spec. If not there, then at least
into org.apache.ws.commons. :-)

>Also, regarding what Jeremy mentioned about CompositeComponent having a

>ManagementService injected in, which in turn is defined as a system
service,
>do we have a 'chicken-and-egg' situation here. Currently, tuscany
server
>exposes the management service for remote management. Management
clients >use this service to start and stop runtimes. All system
services are >associated with a runtime. However, if the management
service is defined as >a system service, we will have to start a runtime
to make the management >service available. However to start a runtime we
need a management >service :)

Oh dear, this does sound grim. So the bootstrap runtime is no more?
Perhaps the system service of the management service running inside the
individual runtimes could be 'spun off' of an already running instance?

Cheers,
Joel