Ok, I had a momentary mental block that 0.1-pre-spec-SNAPSHOT is a ... SNAPSHOT. So the difference in prefix of the versions "0.1-pre-spec-" and "1.0-incubator" will have no bearing when done from the top and I'll just get the latest of the trunk of all; which we know can be out of sync.

Sorry before hand if I'm dwelling on the obvious, but I hope his may help others too:

To compile and work on the latest kernel, I need to build these projects from the trunk: (they are part of pre-spec-changes)
 kernel
 runtime
 services
 test

And for non-kernel
 extensions
 plugins

Maybe we can have profiles for this like -Pall to make it easier ?

To be safe if I'm working between these two, do I need to keep a separate repo?
Or does the prefix difference help out there ?

Thanks