I was going with the scenario that the release was out. Given that unlike past releases we've done where we had major number of bindings running and samples running to give a level of confidence that there was a fair amount that could be done with the release code that wouldn't require updating I'm not seeing quite seeing the value of "release" code verses just published snapshots following this approach.