My suggestion was to use a maven profile to have all pieces necessary to run
a sample built, and I think this is the purpose of maven.

Note that I didn't suggest having maven performing the following command
(that would actually run the sample) :

java -jar ../../../runtime/standalone/smoketest/target/assembly/bin/
launcher.jar target/calc.jar add 2 5

On 2/28/07, Jeremy Boynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Feb 28, 2007, at 10:25 AM, Luciano Resende wrote:

>> To run the samples, as we have not cut a release yet, you will need
>> to manually create a distribution. This should be pretty
>> straightforward:
>
>> 1. In /kernel do 'mvn'
>> 2. In /runtime/standalone run 'mvn'
>> 3. In /core-samples/common run 'mvn install'
>> 4. In /core-samples/ run 'mvn install'
>> 5. Run the calculator:
>
> Just a suggestion, isn't much simpler to have a profile defined
> where it
> would run necessary modules for specific scenarios (e.g running
> standalone
> samples) ? The we can redirect the users to something like mvn -P
> <standalone samples> or a more appropriated profile name.

It isn't - it's just confusing.

Maven is a build tool, not a run tool. Running samples using Maven is
an aberration.
--
Jeremy