I think there has been various threads talking about the contribution
services on the dev mailing list. Jeremy suggested having a contribution
tool (command line and plugin) [1] and there was some other discussions
around integrating WSDL2Java with the contribution service [2]
and I think it does not make sense to have direct dependency on the whole
kernel core for these tools.

There was also couple discussions around modularization as well, where I
mentioned I'd start having contribution services moved to a separate module
[3]. And the idea is to have the contribution implementation on this new
module.

After thinking about it, I'm starting to think that a better place for it is
under /java/sca/services.Thoughts ?

[1] - http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg15557.html
[2] - http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg15179.html
[3] - http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg15359.html

On 3/16/07, Jim Marino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: March 16, 2007 1:45:22 PM PDT
> To: tuscany-commits@ws.apache.org
> Subject: svn commit: r519138 - in /incubator/tuscany/java/sca/
> kernel/contribution: ./ src/ src/main/ src/main/java/ src/main/java/
> org/ src/main/java/org/apache/ src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/
> src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/spi/ src/main/java/org/apache/tus...
>
> Author: lresende
> Date: Fri Mar 16 13:45:21 2007
> New Revision: 519138

> Log:
> Placeholder to make contribution a separate kernel module

Where/when was this discussed? Also, what would be in it?

Jim