On Mar 29, 2007, at 10:28 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

On Mar 28, 2007, at 11:29 PM, Venkata Krishnan wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

Here is a problem that most of us are facing with the Trunk and is hindering us to effectively contribute to the trunk. I see there is one solution that has been proposed to making this simpler with some compromises. If this is not agreeable what is the alternative for those of us who are waiting for a solution to this. Whats the simple way for any of us - including somebody getting in afresh - to quickly jump in and start contributing without having to worry about the build intricacies. Should we consider Bert's suggestion?

At the moment, this is a straight up/down binary vote on a fairly vague proposal, one that some people have specific technical concerns over. There are other proposals out there but we seem to have lost sight of that. IMO, yes, we should consider Bert's proposal, and mine for assemblies, and anything else anyone can think of that is less divisive.

I'd prefer we look at these as well.

Jim