On Mar 31, 2007, at 9:11 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

Let's wait and see. No clue yet. Clearly some people value their
technical prowess more than their desire to build community.
Dims,

The reason I will not be involved in the project is because my interests and goals are different than others and I felt that it was best for the community if I pursed them elsewhere.

Apache has always struck me as a place where people show courtesy and keep things professional. Your last statement does not seem in line with that approach. Please allow those of us who have chosen to pursue our interests elsewhere to do so quietly and without such negativity. There is no controversy here and there certainly does not need to be any ill-will...As the email subject says, it's just a few of us "moving on".

Jim