Ant,
This change is independent of the package renames and can be done
(by me) in parallel to Venkat's work on the renaming.

The key purpose of making this change is not to add the sample itests,
but to remove the junit dependencies from the samples that we publish
in the distribution.  I only added the sample itests because of a
previous comment on this thread from SimonL that the automated junit
testing of these samples by the full build should be retained.

Perhaps the two activities can be separated:

1. Remove the junit dependencies from the published samples
2. Add the new sample itests that use junit

Are you OK with putting the first of these changes into 0.90?

  Simon

ant elder wrote:
I like the idea of being able to test all the samples with itests,
especially if that could go as far as also testing the webapp samples.

The main worry i have with this is that its getting really late to get it
into the 0.90 release. The package renames have just started and thats going
to take most of today and maybe tomorrow to finish up and get everything
cleaned up and working again, and we can't easily make and test any code
changes while thats going on. I was really hoping to keep changes after then
to be only required bug fixes and really small changes like text updates to
the readme's etc.

What do others think, should we try to get these sample itests into 0.90?

   ...ant