To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Cc: "jiaoly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 11:08 PM
Subject: How to make Tuscany SDO available in Websphere or other server?

We wanna use tuscany sdo in application that runs on websphere 6. Unfortunatelly we found it conflicts with websphere's own sdo api jar( actually an emf sdo jar : org.eclipse.emf.commonj.sdo_2.1.0.v200609210005.jar). Since websphere's own jar has higher privillege when loading classes, tuscany's sdo spec api jar won't take effect. What made it worse is that those sdo api in emf is out of date, eg. calling Type.isAbstract() throws NoSuchMethodError. And, it uses old-fashion "Class.forName( "commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProviderImpl").newInstance()" to find sdo impl instead of reading "META-INF/services/commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProvider", which make it impossible to use tuscany's sdo impl. Did anyone encounter similiar problem?