Hi,
       I am new to this list and product. I just wanted to know if
there is any work going on in implementing deep integration with
apache geronimo app server. If it is going on I am volunteering to
help. If not I would again like to volunteer to take up that task
along with anyone else interested.

Currently I have experimented a bit with deep integration and got the
calculator service to deploy on geronimo.What I have achieved is the
ability to deploy Tuscany services on geronimo packaged in a jar with
a geronimo specific deployment descriptor.

What I have done is created a new Domain class GeronimoSCADomain and
the only difference of this from default SCA domain is that it takes a
ReallySmallRuntime as a parameter instead of creating it. So
effectively one Runtime can be shared among all the SCADomains. I am
assuming that there will be a single SCADomain per application and all
SCADomains will share the same Runtime. Due to my lack of tuscany
knowledge I am not sure if this is the way to go about it. Can any one
of the tuscany gurus clarify if this is the correct approach?

I was unable to understand the need to create multiple runtimes for
each sca domain (other than for the web app based integration). If
there are any other reasons can someone please explain why we need a
runtime per app?

Other things that i am experimenting with is the ability to package
the tuscany service along with an ear/war/ejb-jar.

I am binding the SCADomains created to global jndi and so applications
can access the domains from there and invoke services on them.

Thinks that need to be done(not yet thought of how to implement are)
1) Make geronimo resources (Database pools,JMS resources, EJB
references, Gbean references )available to Tuscany

2) Make Tuscany services accessible accross app servers
3) Other things i have missed :)

It would be great if someone could advise me on the tuscany side of
these matters.

Thus I conclude my first post on the tuscany dev list :)

Thanks
Manu