I tried building the source distro from an empty local maven repo.
The build failed in the Axis2 binding with the following error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

Project ID: commons-fileupload:commons-fileupload
Reason: Error getting POM for 'commons-fileupload:commons-fileupload' from the
repository: Error transferring file
  commons-fileupload:commons-fileupload:pom:1.1.1

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.incubator (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  apache.ws (http://ws.zones.apache.org/repository/)

  Simon

ant elder wrote:

I've just tried running it lots of times, the individual test, all the
itests, and the full build and it always is working for me.