Andy, the static code generation was an old experiment and is not
used.I have been meaning to remove it for some time as it is confusing
being there.

The get/setUserData was actually put in there at the request of the
PHP-SDO team. I'm not sure of the details but I think they use this to
maintain a correlation between the C++ SDO objects and PHP objects???
This code is not used anywhere within Tuscany SDO (or SCA) code.

This may be a case where a real life application has shown up a
limitation in the spec and that we should take a proposal to the spec
group. I'll try and find out how essential this function is and if
there is another way to work around this to enable a spec compliant
api in Tuscany

Cheers,