Hi Luciano,

Luciano Resende wrote:
Very good to hear these news Ole.

Regarding your question, does "create the LDAP type system" means
creating the LDAP schema on the LDAP server ?

Yes

Do you also have the
scenario of updating the schema ?

Yes as long as the Schema update is versioned using the xsd namespace, as in
http://maven.apache.org/pom/3.0.0 vs. http://maven.apache.org/pom/4.0.0

What about pre-populating like in
sample applications ?

The tests populate, so for stress testing and so on it's just a matter of
building on these.

Well, if you have these scenarios, maybe it
would be better to use an utility to allow applications to do that, we
have a similar thing in RDB DAS (dbConfig).

When I woke up this morning it occurred to me that I can just store the DAS's
config in the LDAP Directory Information Tree (DIT .... LDAP Storage
Structure).  That's a typical LDAP usage scenario anyways.  What we could do is
on first startup, store the configuration in the DIT, then on subsequent starts
the minimal connection information is read from the config file, and the rest
comes from the DIT.  When the user wants an updated configuration file, she
just loads the configuration in the DIT and serializes it to XML.  Sound OK?

As for the other option, that you mentioned, are you always going to
have access to the configFile?
In the case of RDB DAS, we allow for
configuring only by passing a Stream, and in this case I guess you
solution would fail.

I think this scenario would be covered by storing the configuration in the DIT.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
- Ole

SNIP