On 8/6/07, Robert Burrell Donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

> i believe now that blog aggregation is the best structure for news.
> for this to be effective does require a consensus that committers are
> going to spend a little time regularly blogging about new features.

+1, we could have a Tuscany aggregation (e.g individual committers
would aggregate into a planetTuscany) plus planetApache aggregation.
More technical committer, involved in specific feature, would probably
blog around what's going on, new enhancements, etc... Release Managers
would probably blog about what's being planned for the release, other
could write a weekly summary as Haleh proposed.

As for the notification part, or basically to be aware of new items
posted, Google Alert is one way to get notified. You could also use
other options such as google/ig, feed readers, etc

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer
http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/