So, let me try to understand this. We are going to remove the -webapp
samples from the release binary distribution (due to size constrains),
but we are still going to continue supporting the -webapp story. Users
can still see these samples on the source distributions, right ?

I'm asking this because I think that our users DO use Tuscany in the
scenario of a -webapp, and if we are going to remove the -webapp
samples, users that are evaluating the new release might think we
removed the webapp support, so we need to be clear.

If the webapp story is changing, then we should document (wiki) and
test so our users can migrate to the new story. If this requires
<implementation.web> I'd think we should implement these changes when
it's ready.

As an alternative approach, what about creating a samples-webapp distro ?

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer