Hi Amita,
  I'm not aware of anyone planning to fix 761. There were a couple of
possible approaches, either or both of which could be developed. Ron
Gavlin painted a scenario in the JIRA where dropping of individual
types from a namespace would be the right thing to do.

There's also discussion of dropping whole HelperContexts,  which
raises again the question of how we might establish dependencies
between HelperContexts.  This could be a useful discussion to open up
and get a design in place for.

As to your scenario of changing a type,  it would be good to check
through the scenarios you envisage.  The current Tuscany API
implementations permit alteration of Types after they have been used,
whereas the SDO API implementations freeze the types at creation time.
 Depending on which scenarios we support the user would have to take
care to ensure certain preconditions before calling a method such as
createOrReplaceType().  My guess is that this method would end up as a
simple convenience method, involving calls to the type dropping and
creation methods.

Here are some attributes of scenarios that we might want to consider
in order to see which combinations we support/exclude. Note, exclusion
doesn't necessarily imply enforcement by the SDO implementation and
this kind of area clearly contains hazards

- a Type is removed from a scope (HelperContext) when no DataObjects
reference it
- a Type is removed from a scope while still referenced by DataObjects
- a Type is replaced in a scope while DataObjects still reference the
displaced Type instance
- a Type is replaced in a scope only when no DataObjects reference the
displaced Type instance
- Properties are added to a Type after instances of the Type have been created
- an instance of a Type is otherwise updated when still referenced by
DataObjects (expand ...)
- multiple instances of HelperContexts are used to manage multiple
instances of Types with the same name and in the same namespace

Kelvin.