Right now, you can either consider the data-source an implementation
detail of your component, and initialize it as you would in a regular
application, or you could use other aproaches, like what we have in
implementation.das and implementation.data, where you can define it
together with your component definition :

 <component name="DASServiceComponent">
        <tuscany:implementation.das config="/CompanyConfig.xml"
dataAccessType="rdb">
           <tuscany:connectionInfo dataSource="java:comp/env/jdbc/dastest"/>
        </tuscany:implementation.das>
    </component>

In this case, DAS will take care of initializing the data-sources and
you could use DAS to access your RDB data.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer