Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
- Started to create sample tasks showing how to bootstrap a subset of Tuscany to work with the various models [1], see ListDeployables.java, ListDependencies.java, ListComponents.java, and WireComponents.java.

The init() methods in the sample programs are there to help explore the various Tuscany bootstrap patterns required for these common tasks, candidate to become generic utility methods if people want that.

This is work in progress, subject to changes and improvements in the next few days. I'm also in the process of adding more sample tasks to show XML schema based validation, composite include processing, assignment of composites to SCA nodes etc.

Feedback is welcome.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/samples/domain-management/

I've added more code to these samples, got WireComponents working and added a DistributeComponents sample that shows how to describe the allocation of deployable composites to SCA nodes and then use it to configure the services that run on each node.

I'm planning to make the following improvements tomorrow or Friday:

- Fix the samples that use CompositeBuilder to correctly handle SCA <includes>.

- Clean up the samples to remove code dependencies on the builder implementation classes (they all implement the CompositeBuilder interface now so it'll be easy).

- Add a sample that feeds the SCA models to an SCA runtime node.

On a related subject, I'm also thinking about the renaming the workspace-admin module to domain-admin or domain-manager as it has expanded to manage more than just a workspace of contributions. That'll be in line with the sample module currently named domain-management.

Hope this helps.