Hi, Wojtek.

I'm glad to see you make progress. Please submit incremental patches with JIRAs as you improve the code. This way, we can review and apply them so that the community knows what's evolving.

From: "Wojtek Janiszewski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2008 11:10 AM
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Subject: Re: GSoC Project - CORBA Support for Apache Tuscany

Simon Laws wrote:
And I also solved it like before.
Finally I end up with build error like this:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Couldn't find a version in [3.3.0-I20070620, 3.2.1-M20060915-1030,
3.3.0-I20070531-1800] to match range [3.3.0,4.0.0)
 org.eclipse.ui:ide:jar:null

from the specified remote repositories:
 apache.ws.zone (http://ws.zones.apache.org/repository2),
apache.incubator (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository
),
 repo1.eclipse (http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse/),
apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
 apache (http://maven.apache.org/maven2)

Looks like this one isn't connected with previous errors. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Wojtek

Apologies Wojtek, I missed that one and it needs the same change. I just
checked in the fix so if you update modules/monitor-logging and
modules/workspace-impl you should see two property file name changes and
hopefully it will compile for you.

Regards

thanks, it helped. But I still get the following error:

 Couldn't find a version in [3.3.0-I20070620, 3.2.1-M20060915-1030,
 3.3.0-I20070531-1800] to match range [3.3.0,4.0.0)
  org.eclipse.ui:ide:jar:null

 from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.ws.zone (http://ws.zones.apache.org/repository2),
  apache.incubator (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository
 ),
  repo1.eclipse (http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse/),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  apache (http://maven.apache.org/maven2)

Apart from build errors - I've made some progress to project and started to learn about extending Tuscany from http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/sca-java-extension-development-guide.data/ExtendingTuscany-V01.pdf and from CORBA base code. I've created CorbaModuleActivator class, which plugs binding module into Tuscany. I've added following line to META-INF/services/org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.ModuleActivator (which points to previously added activator):

org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.corba.CorbaModuleActivator

I've also updated org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.corba.impl.CorbaBindingProviderFactory.createReferenceBindingProvider(...) method to return CorbaReferenceBindingProvider object.

I've tested CORBA base code using my sample prepared for university seminar. I've configured CORBA reference in composite file, I've "mocked" some of CORBA base code (made CorbaInvoker to return fixed response) , and successfully executed method for CORBA reference. Now it's time to know better Tuscany SPI and Tuscany/SCA specification.

I forgot to mention my GSoC project page. It can be found under [1].

[1] - http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/CORBA+support+for+Apache+Tuscany

Thanks,
Wojtek