Skip Schuler wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to leverage the atom and rss bindings to expose some feeds using
java sca build 0.91. More specifically I'm trying to deploy a war on my
Tomcat instance. I have a class that implements
org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.feed.Feed, however I'm not having any success
in reaching the atom or rss endpoints (which may be due to my
understanding). Anyway, here's my configuration;

.composite:

    <service name="RSSSampleFeed" promote="AtomFeeder">
        <binding.rss/>
    </service>

    <service name="AtomSampleFeed" promote="AtomFeeder">
        <binding.atom/>
    </service>

    <component name="AtomFeeder">
        <implementation.java class="com.schuler.feed.FeederImpl" />
    </component>

web.xml:

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>TuscanyServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/SCA/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

The URL http://localhost:8080/feed-atomrss/SCA/AtomSampleFeed fails with a
status code 500 (see below).

How can I reach the rss and atom endpoints? What will the URL be, and what
are correct binding configurations in the .composite?

I've also tried to deploy the demo alert-aggregator. It gives me the same
error at the suggested URL
http://localhost:8080/demo-alert-aggregator/services/AlertsFeedServiceRSS:

HTTP Status 500 -
------------------------------

*type* Exception report

*message*

*description* *The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.*

*exception*

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No servlet registered for path:
/AlertsFeedServiceRSS

org.apache.tuscany.sca.webapp.TuscanyServlet.service(TuscanyServlet.java:57)

*note* *The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.5.20 logs.*
------------------------------
Apache Tomcat/5.5.20

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm taking a look at this now and have a few questions:

- When you start Tomcat, do you see messages indicating like this:
Aug 28, 2007 10:44:12 AM org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.webapp.WebAppServletHost addServletMapping
INFO: addServletMapping: /rssAggregator
Aug 28, 2007 10:44:12 AM org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.webapp.WebAppServletHost addServletMapping
INFO: addServletMapping: /atomAggregator/*

- Do you have an src/main/webapp/META-INF/sca-contribution.xml file listing the composites that need to be activated in the webapp, like this:
<contribution xmlns="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0";
             targetNamespace="http://aggregator";
             xmlns:a="http://aggregator";>
  <deployable composite="a:FeedAggregator"/>
</contribution>

- Do you have anything else than the SCA components in your WAR, like other JSPs or servlets implementing some Web UI? or are you just interested in packaging the SCA components in a WAR because it's more convenient to deploy to Tomcat this way?

--
Jean-Sebastien