Quoting the spec :

"A component element has zero or one implementation element as its
child, which points to the implementation used by the component. A
component with no implementation element is not runnable, but
components of this kind may be useful during a "top-down" development
process as a means of defining the characteristics required of the
implementation before the implementation is written."

So, in order to be able to deploy and run, your component MUST define
it's implementation.