Great Tomek

   Maybe we could simplify the process. From the readme.htm link you
sent, did you go over the following step ?

Define a DataSource by adding a datasource definition to
{Tomcat_Home}/conf/server.xml.
Find the end-of-section marker and add the following lines just above it:
        <!-- Global Datasource for Derby dastest database -->
        <Resource name="jdbc/dastest"
                  type="javax.sql.DataSource" auth="Container"
                  description="Derby database for DAS Company sample"
                  maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
                  username="" password=""
                  driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
                  url="jdbc:derby:{absolute
path}Databases/dastest;create=true"/>

--
Luciano Resende