Oh, god!! I found my problem... I was using the inverses incorrectly -- in Advanced Calculus
and I can't even do algebra correctly. To make a long story short, in the second functions I was putting the x in the denominator when it needs to be in the numerator...


But! Your post is not in vain, Danny. I like the idea of storing the value instead of two functions.
As for the rational module--I didn't know it existed, so I have written my own. I was going to post it some time this week to flaunt my newest cool thing, but this caught my attention...


Thanks!
Jacob

>
A table that stores a similar amount of information might be something
like this:

###
meterRatios = { 'm'  : D(1),           ##     1 meter  == 1 meter
                'km' : D(1000),        ##  1000 meters == 1 kilometer
                'cm' : D(1)/D(100),    ##  .001 meters == 1 centimeter
                'mm' : D(1)/D(1000),   ## .0001 meters == 1 millimeter
                 }
###

[some text cut]

That is, from the table above, we can see that since there's one meter to a thousanth of a millimeter, we can go the other way and say that one thousand millimeters is one meter. (1/x)


Oh good grief, did I really write that?  I'm sorry, I meant to say:

"""[...] since there's one-thousandth of a meter in a millimeter, we can
go the other way and say that there are one thousand millimeters in one
meter. """

I can debug code with some fluency, but I have to do better to debug my
English.  *grin*




_______________________________________________ Tutor maillist - [email protected] http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor

Reply via email to