"chinni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

> But u all told that cronjob and at inbuilt features of UNIX but
> every time
> ihave to manually go and change the version.i can't

The first question to answer is why not? If you can't do it manually
you probably can't get a script to do it either! Assuming its a text
file
youb should be able to use sed to edit the file from a shell script
using cron.

> 1.open the app
> 2.degrade the version automatically to least version
> 3.change the time to 25hrs more

Down to here, nomproblem and pyhon can do it all so far.

> 4.check for updates(1.force Update and silent update)

Not sure what this means. I suspect its Pythonable...

> 5.the whole procedure is for admin and non-admin users

A Unix issue mainly.

> can i implement this by using both python and shell scripting.

Yes I think so. In fact you can probably do it in shell only
or python only or a mix of both.

> if possible give the reference book for quick learn.

Thee are lots of free tutorials on the Python web site under
the beginners section. You could try my tutorial, just do
the first "The Basics"  section and take a look at the
later "Using the OS" topic too.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld