On Mon, Mar 01, 2010, Sander Sweers wrote:
>On 1 March 2010 18:13, Wayne Watson <sierra_mtnv...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> See Subject. 40K here, but other Python lists allow for larger (total)
>> sizes.
>
>Don't know but if it is that long use pastebin [1].

40K is the default on Mailman mailing lists, and for good reason.
I don't know how many subscribers there are, but multiplying
message size by number of recipients can generate huge volumes
(don't forget that encoding binary attachments increases their
size by about 1/3).

Not everybody has broadband connections, and getting large
attachments can cost them Real Money(tm) (as if there is any of
that in the world's monetary systems these days :-), and take a
long time to download.

One of the best features of the horde/imp webmail program is that
it makes it easy for one to upload attachments to the web server
with a link to the attachment in the body of the message.  That's
a feature I would like to see an all webmail servers.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   b...@celestial.com  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

I have no reason to suppose that he, who would take away my Liberty, would
not when he had me in his Power, take away everything else.  John Locke