> yes the 2nd option (standalone pylauncher) sounds more convienient for
> me. i just have to try and comprehend all the instructions given..
> hopefully ill get there in the end

i managed to install the laucher. on the site when i click the correct
launcher 32bit, i chose "run" and it automatically installed rather
than asking me or allowing me to install it in cmd like their
directions showed. my python 3 files still open but python 2 files
still return errors like: print "string" is invalid syntax which tells
me its still using python 3 to open these files. when i right click
.py files a new option has been added to "open with" which is open
with Python Launcher for Windows. Even when i do this my python 2
files won't open