>> understanding of how everything works.
>
> Use it., Experiment with it. Break it.
> Thats the best way. Read the source code its all available in
> Python or C.

Hey can you please tell me which source code youre referring too? The
initial files that come with Python? also the C code, where can i
locate this? is C something worth learning? why is Python code
available in C?

>> like how can i make my own custom container and not have it
>> subclass list(), and still act like a list()?
>
> That's a more sensible option especially if you make it a type of container
> that Python doesn't already have. Maybe a bag or a stack
> or even a circular list. But there is no shame in inheriting from
> list if that makes sense. That would be good software engineering - don't
> reinvent the wheel!
> When building  reusable code start from the perspective of the user. Write

yes i will try not to reinvent the wheel, a lot of tutorials ive read
seem to always point this out. Just out of curiousity what is a bag,
stack or circular list? what is needed to create something like this?
i sort of heard about a stack its a C/C++ thing i think?